Tuesday 1 April 2008

Interviewzorz w/ smigbob

Woot! My first interview! XD Thanks again, Wizky, for letting me post here! Our interview for today is with Kongregate's very own smigbob!

smigbob: You're running the show, start interviewing!

kirbyviper93: Alright, first question: When did you first sign up on Kongregate?

smigbob: In July, Yahoo had a feature about free indie games. DTD was featured, along with Dark Cut, Dwarven Fortress, and a few others, but DTD got me hooked. I accidentally clicked the "Play More Games!" link. The rest, as they say, is history.

kirbyviper93: you pretty much answered my next question, which was gonna be, "What brought you to Kongregate?" What chat room do you originally hail from?

smigbob: Digg Mark 1, born and raised. However, during my "teenage" years, I joined the high and mighty in teh Van, and was immediately made into one of the Kong 31337.

kirbyviper93: do you remember some of your first friends?

smigbob: Renny141 was my very first friend. Many of the other DM1 residents soon followed, such as Dragoness188, spartakips, and ItBeNickYo.

kirbyviper93: sorry if I take so long to respond, I'm trying to juggle an interview and a conversation with my girlfriend at the same time

smigbob: OMFG! A KONGREGANT HAS A GIRLFRIEND!?!?!?!

kirbyviper93: I know, it's unheard of, right? >.<

smigbob: lol, jk. I've got one too.

kirbyviper93: haha anyways... What are some of your favorite games?

smigbob: Well, not DTD! After using it to find Kong, I started to hate it. But I love Streamline, and a lot of the adventure and RPG's.

kirbyviper93: how many impossible badges do you have?

smigbob: Right now, 5 or 6. Line Game, Streamline, SCGMD2, Orbular, Gravitee, and Fold.

kirbyviper93: wow, you've got me beat, I only have the Streamline and SCGMD2 impossibles...

smigbob: Next up: Hexiom

kirbyviper93: Next question: You frequent the forums, yes?

smigbob: I used to a lot more than I do now, but I'm starting to come back.

kirbyviper93: what annoys you most on the forums, other than the obvious? (trolls, flamers, spammers, etc.)

smigbob: Bad spelling and grammar. 1337speak is one thing, but just typing everything like you only have three seconds to write it is frickadickulous.

kirbyviper93: agreed. now then, next topic: real life

smigbob: Arrg. IRL, I R Cookie! Not really.

kirbyviper93: I want a cookie now... ANYWAYS When you're not on Kong, what can you most often be found doing?

smigbob: Sleeping. I have a real exciting life outside school and Kong.

kirbyviper93: as indicated by your answer >.<

smigbob:
But at school, I'm in the musical, so that takes up a lot of my time.

kirbyviper93: awesome, what's the musical?

smigbob: The Music Man. Takes place in Iowa in 1912. That's right, I'm a song-and-dance guy. Call me gay for it, I'll Web-kick your ass.

kirbyviper93: dude, the guys that get into theater are the smart ones. great place to meet girls

smigbob: I know! There's 42 girls to 12 guys.

kirbyviper93: exactly!

smigbob: Including more than half the cheerleading squad.

kirbyviper93: of course. we should get back on topic

smigbob: Right.

kirbyviper93: What's the most exciting thing that's happened to you?

smigbob: Ever? I dunno. I shook the President's hand at a campaign rally in '04...

kirbyviper93: that's pretty cool

smigbob: I really haven't had anything special happen to me, I have a fairly ordinary life. But not necessarily boring...

kirbyviper93: yeah, that's always the case, I think. What else do you do, outside of school and Kong?

smigbob: I have lots of animals to take care of, I enjoy a good book, movie, and most importantly, METAL!

kirbyviper93: \\m//

smigbob: lol

kirbyviper93: Alright, last section is just whatever I feel like asking

smigbob: Mkay, shoot.

kirbyviper93: True or false: there are no wimmenz on teh intarwebz.

smigbob: False. I know of a few...

kirbyviper93: good answer. What other games do you play, other than things on Kong?

smigbob: Ancient Domains of Mystery. It's a rougelike RPG, meaning no graphics, but the gameplay is as good as it gets. And a few others, but that's by far my favorite.

kirbyviper93: what can you not stand to see happen?

smigbob: A girl get put down by her "boyfriend". It just sickens me watching "lovers" hurt eachother.

kirbyviper93: agreed. to everyone reading: if you really love your bf/gf, don't put them down

smigbob: But that doesn't mean be creepily complimentary. Just treat others how you would like to be treated. It's amazing how that first grade golden rule comes to bite us in the ass later on in life.

kirbyviper93: This has been a public service announcement from kirbyviper93 and smigbob. What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep, and why were you up?

smigbob: I'm going on it right now. I haven't slept since Friday night, and won't until Wednesday.

kirbyviper93: just trying to set a personal record, huh?

smigbob: No, that's just the way things go. In AAA-AAA-AAA-AAAL-BUQUERQUE!

kirbyviper93: haha

smigbob: Weird Al FTW! They see me rollin', they laughin', and rollin' their eyes 'cuz I'm so White and Nerdy...

kirbyviper93: haha I used to know all the words to that

smigbob: My ergonomic keyboard never leaves me bored...

kirbyviper93: I memorized Holy Grail really well, I can recite it right now, and have you ROTFLOL

smigbob: I got a business doin' yadda-yadda, can we get back on topic?

kirbyviper93: yeah, that's probably a good idea. speaking of music, name a couple of your favorite bands (like how I tied that in there? ;-D)

smigbob: Iron Maiden (hence the avatar), Iron Maiden, Iron Maiden, and did I mention Iron Maiden?

kirbyviper93: uhh, you might have =P

smigbob: And Metallica, Black Tide, Avenged Sevenfold, Anthrax, etc.

kirbyviper93: A7X FTW

smigbob: Beast and the Harlot the the best metal song so far this millenium. By far.

kirbyviper93: for sure. now then, to wrap this interview up, is there anything you'd like to say to people reading this?

smigbob: I am a paranoid schizophrenic, and you're fly's down.

kirbyviper93: nice way to wrap that up there

smigbob: I know. Actually, I want to say one thing to all Kong users: QUIT THE STUPID CHATROOM ROLEPLAYING! IT'S ANNOYING AS HELL SOMETIMES, AND NOBODY CAN GET HALF AN INTELLIGENT REMARK IN! Sorry. /rant

kirbyviper93: and with that... [/interview]

smigbob: Thanks kirby! Bye now!

kirbyviper93: thanks for putting up with me =D

smigbob: Barely...I mean, it was a pleasure!

6 comments:

Tedums the Precious said...

Hmm, he somehow made me look bad. I call a redo!

XD, jk

The1Wizkid said...

Goodjob on the first interview;

I'll add you to the cast list soon. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Yllier here(TehLegend), just curious, how do you pick your people you interview.

A goodabye

Tedums the Precious said...

I asked for it...

The1Wizkid said...

Hi TehLegend, I usually go for the mods to interview first due to more questions to ask = More interesting etc, but as I've interviewed most that I know, developers are next priority. But seeing as I didn't know any at the time, I reserved smiggy an interview. ;-)

Anonymous said...

OMFG AWESOME INTERVIEW! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

B)